Thursday 19 May 2011

Not interested

A week ago…
I was the type of genuine guy that would go on dates with anyone. I was the type to do so because I never realized what a relationship was all about. I’ve been out on dates with really boring guys, camp guys, not really fit guys etc.. You get my drift. Basically, my bar was fucking low.

So last week, I was on craigslist looking for some action, and I decided to message this guy. No pictures, only a few words. I don’t know why I did it – was probably my penis making me do it. So I meet up with this guy – bucking chap with a city job, intelligent and apparently “straight”. I didn’t buy that. Anyway, he was skinny, sort of like my ex, but taller and blonder. I wasn’t physically attracted to him at all. But he had a really nice personality and we got along pretty well talking about random shit and work. Apparently I was the first guy he kissed, despite him having sucked cock before. I don’t believe it. Anyway, time flew. We had a chat for ages, we might have made out, and then I decided that I needed to jet and see my friends for someone’s birthday.

So a few days later, he texts me. I don’t quote, because my phone is not next to me, but it goes something like this “I really like you, you’re smart, decent, funny and a nice guy. It’s not ever that I dish out compliments like that”. When I read it, I was in the living room with my roommate, and I didn’t know what to make of it. On one hand, I wanted a cuddle buddy. On the other, I felt it would have just ended up like my previous relationship. No, this time, I’m not going fall for anyone until my heart is convinced. I don’t reply.

He texts me the same night saying “You’re not interested?” So I’m not, but I reply with a “LOL, let’s take it easy.”

Was I being too kind? He calls me the next day asking if I wanted to go for dinner. Yeah I did. I wanted to get to know this guy a bit more – he’s a nice guy, and probably a really good friend. But I felt he wanted a relationship, which I was not prepared for. So I stupidly said yes, Friday.

Today…
Come Thursday, he asks if we could have dinner tonight rather than Friday. I’m not the one to say no because I have no plans – and I told him when I saw him (and I secretly wanted the dinner over and done with). I wanted to use the dinner to gauge how much he was into me, to decide how I was going to go about this friendship. That was probably just an excuse though. Secretly my dick was telling me to go too. I’ve been dry for a few months now.

BUT, I decide last minute to blow him off. I’ve never done anything like this to anyone before, not even my friends. I guess I just wasn’t bothered. I have this gut feeling that if I talk to him being a nice guy, he’ll fall for me and I’ll have drama to deal with. I guess I know what I want now. And I'm not interested.

1 comment:

  1. There's no excuse ever to just blow someone off, unless you were stood up first and you're out for revenge. Even though it's hard, just man up and say you are not interested.

    Just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete