Tuesday 12 July 2011

Never again...


Sometimes I wish I had my blackberry. It would make typing this all that much easier on the bus when I have 1 hour to burn (each way to work).

Guys. I get it. I can understand why anonymous blogging is so fun. Anyway. I got shit loads on my mind this week so long post or two this week.


I got in the car yesterday, and the first thing my mum says to me is

"you have a car fine". I reply:
"what?! I know I went into a bus restricted zone but it was really confusing! ... Where was it?! How come it got to you so quickly?!"
"<street around where I live>" (not where I was thinking of)
"what are you kidding?  That means I got a speeding ticket? I might have been 30% over limit but people were being stupid and I didn't mean to run over the bird. It was dead already."
Mother replies: "what? You're confusing me. It's a parking ticket"
And I think: "oh that's a fucking relief.  That means I still have a clean license"

And fml I was literally five mins out of two hours late picking my car up and got a parking ticket. I would have been able to avoid it if I hadn't spent time dicking about on my computer.


If you haven't figured out already, I go out pretty much every Friday night, get drunk, trash talk, meet a load of people i'll never see again, blow a shit load of money and end the night with a "dnm" with N when the sun rises on Sunday and suffer from a major hangover the following afternoon. And it's been like this for the last year. This has got to stop soon- or so I tell myself, futilely.


Last Sunday morning I had this 10K race to go to. This race with  around 700 testosterone filled men, and me - hung over, incapable of walking straight, reeking of alcohol. 700 men gathered at the start point, the size of a basketball court, sweltering in 35C & 90% humidity, brewing some seriously vicious smells, K and I, smack bang in the middle of it.


I came out of this race, battered, demoralised and disappointed with my results. So I binge eat and blow cash on 1200-thread-count bed sheets.


And so I've decided never again.... will I sign up for a summer race.






Oh and I'm going to rename my friends and give a synopsis on each of them in the future.

S - Sara
N - Nate
G - Jane
C - Carol

K - Connor

And I will write about Saturday night in the next few days - and then possibly my thoughts on being gay as a result.

No comments:

Post a Comment