Tuesday 5 July 2011

Back in office

Oh oh hello

The last two weeks have been crazy. Had the best few days of the year so far over there. But I'm not going to write too much because I need to get ready for work in a moment.

I went to the UK over the last two weeks for a holiday. It was full of the usual: banter, beer, hanging in the park, prosecco, good food (yes, good food in the UK), good weather (yes, sunshine) and as a consequence, I lost a digit in my bank account.

I also went to Madrid to visit my bro who's currently on holiday in Europe. And although we decided that Madrid was extremely boring, I still had a great time spending time with him and his wife. No parents, no talk about the parents impending divorce, no domestic issues. Just us three, wine and olives. I hadn't quite had a talk in ages so it was good to get things off my chest and also find out more about his life. I talk like we're complete strangers, and to some degree we are. I rarely see him, or talk to him. The last time I saw him was for my cousin's wedding in three years ago, and he didn't visit for very long so we didn't have much time to talk.

But this was different. And we both knew it was.

A few weeks ago I was with S thinking about coming out to my brother. I was quite determined to do it. But when I saw him face to face, he was such a stranger to me, I couldn't do it. It didn't feel right - and besides, his wife was there which would have added to the awkwardness. Strangers maybe,  the weird thing is, we get each other. I don't know why / what it is.

I don't think he'd react adversely. He's seen enough shit in other people's life to know that being gay isn't the worst thing that could have happened to me (or rather, isn't such a bad thing).

Both of them did try to probe into my life. They both asked me about my non-existent gf's and hot friends that I'm not banging. And like I said to my mother, I gave an answer that I was most comfortable with - I lied to them about it.

1 comment:

  1. I have two brothers and they are super super straight... almost gangster like - LOL. But I told them and our relationship just got even stronger based on the fact that they dont feel like I am a stranger. I mean if you feel like your bro is a stranger think of how he feels as I am sure he knows even less about your life than you do of his...?
    Cool Read
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete