Friday 15 July 2011

Disappointment

So I have this good school friend, Flint, that got married 9 months ago. He was 24, she was 28. He was basically forced into this marriage because she didn’t have the means to be in the same country as him – details, I’ll leave aside. As result, a whole gang of us was trying to persuade him not to get married. He was young, studying, barely earning enough to get by life, and clueless about love. We didn’t understand at all. He’s an “ivy-league smart” guy.

They got married anyway, in a basement of a church somewhere in London and had a woman of 60 years old, who knew them for a year or so, make an honorary speech for them. Now it would have been OK if the speech was amusing and revealing. But it wasn’t. It was about a traffic jam.

I am in no way, envious about their relationship.

So the wine was spilt last weekend when I was out with Sara:

  1. Flint, was a troubled little homosexual who got married – Ok, fine.
  2. It also turns out that he is actively sleeping with other men – What?
  3. It also turns out that he doesn’t use protection because he doesn’t feel other men will pursue him – Bullshit

And since then, I’ve been very disappointed in him. This is exactly the shit that gays don’t need – and to find out one of my good friends is sleeping around like a tramp like that, it sets me on fire. I don’t get it. I can never look at him in the same way now.

I have one fucked up friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment